Marriage is what happens between the memorable, we look back on our marriages years later, and all we can recall are ‘the vacations, and emergencies -the high points and the low points’ The rest of it blends into a blurry sort of daily sameness.
But it is that blurry sameness that comprices marriage. Marriage is those two thousand indistinguishable conversations, chatted over two thousands indistinguishable breakfasts, where intimacy turns like a snow wheel. How do you measure the worth of becoming that familiar to somebody -so utterly well-known and so throughly ever present that you become an almost invisible necessity, like air?” —Poet Jack Gilbert
It was a unsatisfying phone call
instead of filling me with hope,
It drained me out of it
It left marks within me of dissapointments
All I wonder is why and how
You were there yet you were not
you were you but still you seem to have forgot
All that I held dear is no where to be found
A crack has been opened once again
Once it heals it wont look the same..
If you only knew, Old friend of mine
-The Lovely Poet
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.. Change the way you think.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and
Family will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month…
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. Release your children when they become adults, its their life now
9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay cheque.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their
Journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye.
16. Take a deep breath It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one
Is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no
For an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie.
Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Just because you believe you are right, doesn’t mean you are. Keep
An open mind.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24.. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26.. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years,
Will this matter?’
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. Your job is to love your children, not choose who they should love.
35. Don’t audit life Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s,
We’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42 The best is yet to come…
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.”
Aww, thank you lil sis :x :D Love you loads!
When I care, I care too much. When I love, I love with my whole being. At times I find it unfortunate that I’m this way because there’s no balance. I either care too much or not give a damn at all. And I’ll either LOVE someone unconditionally or show no love at all. I’m weird bruh.
This is so me… unfortunately
Salam, I’m originally from Iran. Thank you so much for thinking so :)
Allahumma inni laka sumtu wa bika aamantu [wa ‘alayka tawakkaltu] wa ‘ala rizq-ika aftarthu
O Allah! I fasted for You and I believe in You [and I put my trust in You] and I break my fast with Your sustenance
Don’t let this Ramadan be just a holiday of rituals. Don’t finish reading the Quran without it transforming you. Don’t feed your body at suhoor, but starve your heart of Qiyam. Don’t reduce this downpour of mercy to just a month of sweets and lavish iftars. Seek Him, you will find. Take a sincere step towards change, transformation, redemption. If you do, you will find Him in front of you. Find Him this month. He’s been there all along. Closer than your jugular vein. Look and you’ll find. Walk and you’ll arrive.” —Yasmin Mogahed
The simplest of things are becoming the most difficult to achieve
Like a walk in a park with yourself
Like listning to your own thoughts
Like being awake in bed and starring at the ceiling
Like smiling for long left memories
Like lighting a candle and just sitting and observing it
I need more simple things
I need to relax more, alone.
Oh sweet of you to say! Thanks :)